After a long hour of studying (he2 exam's round the corner) I looked the clock and it was already 1:30pm. I haven't eat any breakfast and that add up my hunger too. I was thinking of something non greasy plain lunch and come up with a very simple porridge/congee .. To cook it quicker and simpler i cooked it with water instead of vegetable or beef/pork,chicken/fish stock. OK enough of the blabbering ^_^ . Lets see
Black pepper powder
Red pepper powder
Garlic( your choice in adding it or not)
Thick soy sauce or Fish sauce ( not necessary, its just that i love soy <3 )
- Wash the rice and boil with water to high heat, add salt and peeled garlic and let it cook till the rice is thicken.
- Fry an egg, scramble it
- Chop cilantro for garnishing.
Now you can garnish as you like and serve, usually it is garnish with chopped spring onions and crispy fried onions/potato but let me show you my simple way of garnishing....
- Put the congee in a bowl
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- Sprinkle little bit of soy sauce and put the scramble egg on top of it
- Pinch of red pepper powder
- Finally garnish it with cilantro and serve it HOT ^_^ yummmm